Wednesday 13 November 2013

Homemade Christmas Crackers or Bonbons.... depends on where you are!!

So today's post is another brilliant idea using the Envelope Punch Board, God I love that thing!! These Crackers were a CASE (Copy And Share Everything) from a pin I found on Pinterest. The clever crafter is Dianne from Art of Craft and you can find her original video tutorial HERE.


So over here in Australia we call these little guys Bonbons where in the UK, where I grow up, we called them Crackers. Either way, I always thought they where the best part of Christmas dinner. Oh and don't forget everyone has to wear the silly hat and laugh at the humorous joke!!

Well after making this little guy, I had it sitting on my desk when my very lovely Norwex Consultant popped by with my latest order. Now if you don't know what Norwex is, you really should pop over to Sheree's page and check it out. Best Micro fibre cloths ever. Honestly makes cleaning a breeze... Anyway, she saw the cracker and asked if I would be able to make her a dozen for her Norwex Christmas party?

So a few hours after she had gone, this is what I came up with. These are the red and green ones:


And these are the Blue ones:


They really didn't take long to make at all, especially with the help of the Envelope Punch Board. It really is such a versatile little thing. I also managed to use up lots of my retired paper and ribbon as well which is always handy. Means I've made room for new goodies lol.

Now if there is anything that you see that you would like to buy, please pop on over to my store. You can find the Shop Now button in the top left hand corner!!

Have Fun,
Chlo

Ingredients

Stamps: Oh Goodie
Ink: Island Indigo, Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive
Cardstock: Very Vanilla Whisper White, Champagne and Silver Glimmer
DSP: Holly Jolly (R), Be Merry (R) and Winter Frost
Other: Old Olive Taffeta, In-colour Ruffled (R), SAB Ribbon (R) and Circle Thinlits (For the banner shape)

No comments :

Post a Comment