Saturday 4 October 2014

Somewhere over the Rainbow

Yeah it's finally Saturday and even though its a super busy day for our household, I still love that weekend feeling and this weekend is even better because it's a long weekend... Woo Hoo!!

So to celebrate I decided to whip up a bright and cheerful rainbow, Saturday Night fever inspired card. Honestly it looks like this card stepped right off a dance floor.


See what I mean! It's totally, 70's disco lol. I have used lots of new goodies on this card, which I'm ashamed to say, have been sitting on my desk for a few weeks. I think I got a little bit carried away with all the new catalogues and ordered so much that I'm still getting around to using it all... first world problems I guess!


I absolutely love the background on this card and it's really easy to do. I've used some watercolour paper and a wet paintbrush. I squeezed the ink pads, when they were closed, to transfer some of the ink onto the inside of the lids and picked up the ink with the paintbrush.

Have a great long weekend everyone,
Chlo

Ingredients

Stamps: Flower Patch
Ink: Daffadil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, Pacific Point, Old Olive and Versamark
Cardstock: Basic Black, Watercolour Paper and Vellum
DSP: Typset
Other: Hexagon Hive Thinlit, Four Feather Framelits, Gold Sequin Trim and Black Embossing Powder

No comments :

Post a Comment