Saturday 3 October 2015

Celebrate Today - Welcome baby

Today's card was made for one of my friends who had a gorgeous baby boy a few weeks ago. I have been wanting to send it away, but it also happened to be a card that my girls made in class this month. Anyway, classes are done for the month and now this little card can go on it's away.


I adore the Celebrate Today stamp set. I find it's so versatile and can be used for all different types of occasions, plus having matching framelits just makes this stamp set simply perfect!

On my card today, I actually cut three of the balloons out, folded them in half and stuck them together, to give this three dimensional look. It was a trick, people were using when making 3d ornaments for Christmas last year. It works with any symmetrical shape.

I really wanted to keep the card fairly simply and not to frilly, as after all it is for a little prince, but also keeping it soft too. I think gathering and layering the trim and lace together and pairing it with the vintage button it perfect. The gold metallic thread bow is the icing on top.

So as I pop this card in the post, I just received a text from another friend to tell me she just had her baby girl today!!! Looks like I'm off back to the Scraproom again today!

Happy Crafting,
Chlo

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments :

Post a Comment