Wednesday 23 December 2015

Balloon Builder - Birthday Card

One of my darling friends and fellow Stampin' Up Addict had a significant birthday a few weeks ago. Now I can't tell you how old she is, as you never ask a lady her age, but it was certainly card worthy that's all I'll say!!

So with some super exciting, new Occasions goodies in hand, I set out to make her a beautiful card and of course had to use her favourite colour which is purple.


The balloons stamps and the sentiment are both from new stamp sets coming out in the Occasions catalogue (Available 5th Jan). This new catty is Ah-May-Zing and I know I say that about every catalogue, but it's always so true and this one is no exception. I literary preordered (a fantastic perk of being a demo. Ask me how you can be one too)  everything from page 8 - 11, straight away, no questions asked!!

It's a bit hard to see in this photo, but I actually used my stripes embossing folder twice, first one way and then I turned my card around and put it back in again to get the criss cross effect.

I got this awesome idea from Michelle Last, who is a UK demo. I saw THIS card on Pinterest and loved the idea of using the embossing folder in such a different way.

And of course, every card is in need of a little bling especially when it's for such a special birthday.

After stamping my balloons over and over again, I think it was 3 times in between reinking, I stamped three off again on a spare piece of cardstock, covered them in versamark and sprinkled Iridescent Ice all over it. After heat setting the powder I was left with these gorgeous and super sparkly balloons.

Now I'm guessing your are wondering how I cut out those balloons... well I can't really say at this time, but I was pretty "Punch" drunk with happiness on how easy it was!!!

If you are wanting to get your hands on a copy of the new Occasions Catalogue and don't already have a Demo looking after you, then please send me an email and I'll pop one in the post to you (Australian residents only. Sorry)

Happy Crafting and Merry Christmas,
Chlo

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

5 comments :

  1. Oh wow Chloe! This card is GORGEOUS! love. It's going to be highlighted on my blog as it is one of my top pinterest pins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Love the shimmery balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just got around to saying a big Thank You to the very creative Chloe Evans. I loved receiving this card for my birthday. I'll treasure it forever. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, fantastic, would so love to get full istructions

    ReplyDelete