Monday 15 February 2016

Global Design Project #GDP022

I was asked to make a dear friend a sympathy card this week, as she had recently had a bereavement in their family and unfortunately my friend is in the middle of a move and has packed all her craft supplies.

I wanted to make her something very special but was a little stuck on a design so I decided to use the sketch the GDP guys had set up. It's such a clean, simple design and I knew it would be great for this type of card.
http://www.global-design-project.com/2016/02/global-design-project-022-sketch.html
And here is my version of the sketch:


I usually stay away from glitter or glitz when it comes to sympathy cards, but I just felt the little Something Borrowed embellishment finished the butterfly nicely.

I also wanted to add lots of layers to this card, while still keeping it elegant. The lacy "ribbon" in the background, is actually cut out of a sheet of DSP from the Timeless Elegance paper and the two different types of ribbon makes it feel very soft and feminine.

I hope you guys get a chance to pop over to the Global Design Project and maybe take part!

Happy Crafting,
Chlo

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

3 comments :

  1. Chloe, this is a beautiful and elegant card. Love the combination of different laces, you could have blown me over when I read you had cut the black lace out of DSP ... it looks amazingly real! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Chlo! What an elegant, sophisticated style. I am sure that it will bring some comfort to your friend. Very thoughtful. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge.

    ReplyDelete