Friday 19 August 2016

TGIF Theme Challenge #69 - Thoughtful Branches Teacher Thank You

Hooray for the weekend and hooray for a turn to warmer weather!! I just love Friday's and I love them even more when the weather is warm and sunny. It reminds me that Winter is almost over and Summer is just around the corner!!

And another hooray for being my week for designing over at TGIF and this week we have a theme challenge which I really enjoyed.
Now usually I would have thought, OMG what do I do for this, but my daughter just so happened to came home with her NAPLAN results (an exam that all year 3's and 5's do in Australia) and her results were absolutely fantastic. We were all so worried for her and it turns out we really didn't need to. Her school and especially her teacher are absolutely amazing and so caring and dedicated that I decided to send her teacher a Thank You card and of course, tie it in with our challenge today:


Isn't it a fab idea for a card!! I'm just loving the Thoughtful Branches Bundle and find it so versatile. I first saw the idea of turning the top half of the tree into a fruit when Kim Jolley from Stampin Artfully made her's into a pumpkin. I just thought that it was an amazing idea, but knew I would never need a pumpkin however it would be a perfect idea for an apple.

I used the tree trunk from Thoughtful Branches to make a stem (I just cut it down a little) and of course stamped a couple of leaves.

The blackboard effect was made by wiping our embossing buddy all over some Basic Black cardstock and I used a white gel pen for the outline. It's hard to see in the photo, but I also stamped our Hardwood background stamp onto the Kraft card base, just to give it more texture and make it feel like blackboard.

I'm so thrilled with how well this card came out that I have decided to make another one for my son's teacher too. I'm a big sender of Thank You cards and I think it's always nice to let people know that they are appreciated!!

I hope you guys get time to join in with us this week and make sure you pop over to the blog and check out what the other gorgeous DT's have come up with!!

Happy Crafting,
Chlo

Product List 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment