Friday 16 December 2016

TGIF Sketch #86 Inspiration Challenge - Frosted Medallions

It's so tiring this time of year isn't it. The end of school, covering lots of holiday leave at work and trying to get ready for Christmas has kept me pretty busy. But I still found time to take part in this weeks challenge with TGIF.

This week we have a inspiration challenge which is all about snow.
http://tgifchallenges.blogspot.com/2016/12/tgifc86.html
 It's currently summer here is Australia and so we are lacking a little in the snow department, but I also needed to make some cards for my gorgeous team and decided to make something for them and tie in the snow theme.

I had seen this gorgeous card by Amy Koenders and I loved how she had teamed silver and gold embossing together and that gave me an idea too. So my card is totally inspired by Amy's card.

 Now it's a running joke within my group that I am always late at sending out Christmas cards and that I should really send out New Year cards instead. Well thats exactly what I made for them this year. I'm guessing this will give them a bit of a giggle!!

If you are wondering how I made the silver and gold snowflakes, this next bit of info might make your OCD twitch. I sprinkled both gold and silver embossing powder all over the versarmarked image and heat set it. Yep you heard me right, I mixed two embossing powders TOGETHER!!

Shocking right I know, but doesn't it give just the most gorgeous finish.

Well that's it for me today. I'm off out with my team tonight for our Christmas party and I can't wait.  We really do love any excuse to get together!!

Make sure you pop over this weekend and check out the other DT's creations. They really are amazing.

happy Crafting,
Chlo


Product List 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment