Friday 9 June 2017

Just Add Ink #363 Anniversary Challenge - Sunshine Wishes

I was so excited about this challenge today. This week at JAI, we have an Anniversary Challenge, which is lots of fun, but probably not super exciting. However this week is actually my 15th Wedding Anniversary!! Can you believe that?!? What are the odds, that we have an Anniversary Challenge, on my design team week, on my actual wedding anniversary week!! See, now you can see why I was so thrilled.

http://just-add-ink.blogspot.com/2017/06/just-add-ink-363anniversary.html

And this is the card I made and will be giving to my hubby tonight, when he gets home.


Now I know there are a few retired things on this card, but sometimes they are just perfect for what you want and the sentiment from the Frosted Medallion stamp set was exactly the right size and font. Plus when I first saw this set, I always thought the phrases were really versatile and I was so sad that it retired before I could use it... until know that is.

How cool is this background too. The ombre look is still really popular and with our sponge brayers it's super easy to create. On this card I used Sweet Sugarplum and started off fairly lightly and added more ink as I got towards the end. The brayer really does make this effortless and you can just pop them off and wash them in warm soapy water.

Well thank you all for popping by. I'm off to wrap by hubby's anniversary gift and to write in his card. I hope you all find some time to pop on over to the JAI blog and also take part in the challenge too!!

Happy Craftng,
Chlo

Product List 
 

4 comments :

  1. What a perfect sentiment for an anniversary card for your hubby. Your card is stunning, Chloe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doily pattern over the ombre background is just stunning Chloe and I love how you highlighted it with those gleaming pops of gold! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard that hubby's don't notice retired... though if Haydn hears 'this old thing' one more time he might staying paying more attention! Happy anniversary to you & hubby. Here's to the next 15! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary Chloe! This is wonderful~I love the ombre look and the sentiment is so true~

    ReplyDelete