Monday 31 July 2017

Still time for one more Christmas in July card - Santa's Sleigh

I do realize that it is cutting it fine sharing one more Christmas in July  card but the sketch challenge that the team at Just Add Ink are running this week made me think of this card design and even though it was my DT week I couldn't help still joining in the fun. So this is sketch for this week:
http://just-add-ink.blogspot.com.au/2017/07/just-add-ink-370sketch.html
And I knew exactly what I was going to do for my card:


Now I really have used the Santa's Sleigh stamp set to death. I think this might be my 10th card design with it and I actually have one more at least to share this week, but I realised that I have never used the little stocking stamp from the set on a card. So that was my focal for this card.

I stamped the stockings onto some shimmery white cardstock as that is what I love to watercolour with and I used my aqua painters to pick up some ink from the lids of the stamp pads. Such an easy way to colour.

The little present stamps in the set really do make a fun background or faux patterned paper. I love to do this when I don't just the right DSP... even if I do have 100's of sheets of paper!

The girls at JAI really have made some amazing cards this week and I would love for you all to pop on over and take a peek. Oh and don't forget to use this sketch yourself and share it with us. We love to see what you make.

Happy Crafting,
Chlo

Product List 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment