Sunday 13 August 2017

Peek-a-Boo Technique - Santa's Sleigh

As I sit patiently waiting.... OK let's be honest not so patiently, for my big brown box full of goodies that I pre-ordered from the new Holiday Catalogue I thought I would share my very last Santa's sleigh card.

Now anyone who knows me, will remember that fancy fold cards are not my thing. Maths, measurements and accuracy are not my strengths and fancy folds usually fall into those categories. But I was feeling brave and decided to give the peek-a-boo fold a try and I was so happy with my card. WARNING: We are about to get a bit photo heavy!
My card is a CASE of one that I found on Meg Lovan's blog Loven Stamps. She has a fantastic tutorial for this technique and right near the end she showed a card using Santa's Sleigh, which is what inspired my card.

I really love how you have the gorgeous Christmas sentiment in the first window and then when you open it up, you are greeted with a gorgeous gold reindeer. It's almost like he's poking his head through a window.

It's such a fun card and once you have the hang of how it comes together they really are a lot of fun to put together. I ended up using this card for my August Christmas Card class. The girls all loved it. The only problem is they now want a fancy fold and every class... Things are about to get messy !!

Happy Crafting,
Chlo


Product List
Emerald Envy Solid Baker's Twine
Emerald Envy Solid Baker's Twine
[141686]

No comments :

Post a Comment