Friday 1 September 2017

Just Add Ink #375 Sketch Challenge - Message in a Bottle

Not only is today Friday but it is finally the 1st day of Spring and the warmer weather really can't come quickly enough for me let me tell you. And if that wasn't enough reason to get all excited then how about the fact it's also my week for JAI Blog and we have a fund sketch to share:

http://just-add-ink.blogspot.com/2017/09/just-add-ink-375sketch.html

Now anyone with school age children might instantly think this sketch looks familiar... maybe a bit like a Poker ball?!?!? I know that's what my boys said when they saw it. And as tempted as I was to make a Pokermon card I decided to make something else;


I have to admit, male cards are not my strong point and thats not to say I'm great at girly cards either but I do like to add bling and sparkle to cards. However this card was lots of fun to make and I loved having to think outside the box.

I added some embossing paste clouds in my sky and the water was made using the swirly framelit from the Sweet Cupcakes set. I love using thinlits and framelits in different ways, and in this case it gave me the perfect effect.

 Well thats all from me this week. Make sure you pop over and visit the JAI crew and I hope everyone enjoys the first day of spring and fingers crossed for lots of warm sunny days to come.

Happy Crafting,
Chlo

Product List 
 

8 comments :

  1. Yay for the first day of spring! I'm pretty hopeless with masculine creating too....so I'm hearing you....this is a great card, love the texture between the layers of cardstock & the fluffy clouds. You did good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Chloe! Your beautiful 3D waves and soft clouds are such a brilliant way to use the sketch and I love how you've added some subtle bling with the shiny copper trim too. Perfect guy card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That card absolutely floats my boat Chloe! I love the layers of the sea and dimension of the embossing past clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card, Chloe! Love the colours, all the blue tones of the waves with the copper trim is striking. Love your take on the sketch - so very clever! (I saw Pokemon too lol) Fabulous addition of texture with the embossed fluffy clouds - adorbs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kinda creation, Chloe. I just love what you have made, and I am so in love with the Message in a Bottle stamp set. Beautiful. D xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome bloke card Chloe - its always a struggle for me too! Nifty tip about the cupcake framelits I will definitely use that - love the effect you got for your waves. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Chloe, this is gorgeous! Love the clever usage of Framelits for waves, and the subtle texture added with the clouds xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've created such a wonderful scene here Chloe~lovely ribbon element too!

    ReplyDelete